1. The Lányi International Conducting Competition 2021 is open to conductors of any nationality without age limit.
2. Application shall be made online through this website. There is no Application Fee involved to make sure that submitted videos fulfil needed standards.
3. The competition takes place in 2 rounds which will be held in online format.
4. Applications are open until March 15, 2021.
5. For the competition candidates shall submit:
- biography in English language
- separate links to two (2) conducting videos of their own choice, each between 4 and 10 minutes in length
- each video should present one composition only, in one or more movements. Selection or movements of the same composition is also acceptable
- music from any era is allowed
- conducting any type of the orchestra, ensemble or choir is acceptable, as well as various combinations. Piano four-hands is also acceptable.
- at least 30% of each video should show conductor in the frontal view and should demonstrate conductor's technique and abilities
- videos have to be recorded in one take
6. In the Preliminary Round, the Jurors will vote independently between March 16 and April 6, 2021. Candidates admitted to the Final Round will receive a notification e-mail on April 7, 2021 and will be publicly announced on April 18, 2021
7. Candidates selected for Final Round will have to pay non-refundable Participation Fee of 120 euro (net of transaction commissions) by April 17, 2021 via PayPal (PayPal balance or debit/credit card). Payment information will be delivered by e-mail to each candidate admitted to the Final Round.
8. The Final Round will be judged by the Jurors independently between April 19 and May 3, 2021 while the winners will be announced on May 5, 2021 via Competition's website and social media.
9. All applications will be reviewed by the Jury and treated as confidential.
10. The decision of the Jury is final and cannot be appealed.
HOW TO APPLY
1 - Prepare two video links (online video-sharing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.)
2 - Prepare your biography and a photo
2 - Fill the Application Form on this website
Note: Upon submission, the Competition Bureau will confirm your application over a period of 5 days. In case your application is not confirmed by the Bureau kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org